Everyone is welcome to come along!
What to expect …
- An hour of musical fun followed by a shared meal.
- You can sit with the crowd and sing along to the words on the screen or you can grab the microphone and lead us in a carol or two!
- There will be live music lead by Aunty Margaret on the keyboard.
- An environment where it’s okay to be a noisy kid.
- A safe and affirming space for those of us from the LGBTQI community.
- A chance to get involved in Christmas themed crafty type stuff.
- Prayer doodling.
- Lots of laughter!
What to bring/wear …
Wear whatever you are comfortable in!
Bring whoever you like (open invite).
- If you play a musical instrument – BRING IT! We’ll have sheet music/chords so you can play along. Any ability welcome!
- Bring a plate of food to share if you can. Please don’t bring anything that needs heating up or isn’t easy to eat without cutlery.
- We are collecting for the Mangere Family Budgeting Service – They desperately need personal hygiene items. If you can please bring along donations of: soap, toothbrushes, toothpaste, shampoo, deodorant.
- If you can, Christmas lights that run on batteries (you’ll get these back at the end of the event).
Where to go and when …
- It all starts at 4pm on Saturday 19th December 2015 (come a little early if you like) and it should finish around 6pm.
- Mangere East Community Centre – 372 Massey Rd, Mangere East (behind the library and Vege Oasis)
- Let us know you are coming by RSVPing on our facebook event page.
Want to get in some practice before Saturday?